We're Ready!

Our beautiful office! Two whiteboards to make it easy to brainstorm and to know what's going on. 



Oh gosh, it’s been such a long time since I wrote last time, like a year or something. The fall was rough. It wasn’t particularly work rough but rather personal life rough, rough enough to distract me and to get me off track. Things are better now. The child that had some extra challenges is now steadily back on track, we have established a rather well working 504-plan for him and found an amazing counselor to help him with his challenges. 504-plan?  A what, what? The WA State Department of Education puts it like this:

"504 Plan is a plan developed to ensure that a child who has a disability identified under the law and is attending an elementary or secondary educational institution receives accommodations that will ensure their academic success and access to the learning environment"

Okay, I have dealt with special needs and special education in Washington State and Lake Washington School District since Mia was 3-years-old, so special education, special needs and a child seeing a counselor aren’t really the issue, the issue was that now we truly have 3 children in special education, 3 children seeing 3 different counselors in 3 different cities. That's what got me. I was overwhelmed and I felt somewhat betrayed, like it wasn’t fair, and I wallowed in self pity and stared at the wall for two months. I behaved like a toddler with a voice in my head screaming: "I don't want this... I'm not doing this... This is not fair...!" I did all of that despite quite frequently reminding my own children that life, indeed, is not fair. It never has been and in never will be. 

Aside from driving a lot, this is what I do on Wednesdays. I have learned to accept this as part of my life. 


However, it’s January now and I’m ready. I’m so ready to tackle the entire world and I know, yes, I know this is going to be the best year yet. It’s going to be great in business and it’s going to be equally great on the home front. I have given up working much on Wednesdays though… remember the 3 counselors in 3 cities? Yes, this happens on Wednesdays. Redmond – Woodinville – Redmond – MS Campus – Redmond – Bellevue – Redmond.

Despite all that had been going on my personal front, or maybe because of it, I have expanded my business and I’m now a team leader. Right before the holidays I hired the most amazing person in the whole wide world – yes, I’m sure, he is the most amazing person – to join me. I’ve known him for over a quarter century and have been married to him for closer to 25 years, so I’m convinced that he is simply amazing. He is still learning the ropes but has grabbed the business development piece as well as building us a website off my plate. We brainstorm and have amazing ideas on how to make working with our team will make a true difference to working with anyone else. This includes fresh marketing, new pricing structures and you know, we just are so fun and amazing to work with anyways.

Mikko has gained experience in multiple Software and Telecom Fortune 500 companies and for the past 7 years he has focused on customer experience, project management and leading operations in the consulting environment. The common theme between consulting and real estate is what we feel most passionate about: You, the Client.

So, we’re super excited! The market looks amazing, a tad challenging for buyers but that’s nothing new, nothing that I have not done for years and my track record in winning in competitive situations is pretty stellar.

Yes, this is Maeve - 4 MO - inside the dishwasher. No real reason for posting, just funny. 


Comments