New Year's Letter

 


I realize that the blog has changed into letters, letters from me to you, my reader. Letters reflecting my thoughts on random things, time, and life itself. It’s on you whether you read these blurbs or not, whether you find then worthwhile your time. I’m merely the person writing this. If you were to be looking for my input on the market, refinancing your home, or were looking for a realtor, I trust that you would reach out to me for a conversation, please do! Never hesitate, shoot me an email, send me a text or give me a call.

 

Right now, I find myself holding my breath. Life seems to be in this weird kind of limbo where one is waiting for something to happen, as if the year hasn’t really started quite yet and all of us knowing that life will go on no matter what the end results are. Good, bad or something in between. I ever realize that what I’m hoping for, may not same as yours.

 

Firstly, I am carefully watching the infection numbers as my gut tells me the numbers from Christmas and New Year’s travel and celebrations will start rolling in, in about a week. I worry about the two new strains even if I know that they’re likely already here. I can only do what I have done so far. Wear a mask, keep my distance and avoid unnecessary in person interactions with anyone outside of my home. Trust me, this has been done since March.

 

The other thing I find myself cautiously waiting for is the inauguration day. The day will come whether I wait for it or not and the result will be what ever it will be. The likely result is that we will have a new President and our first ever female vice President, but one cannot be quite sure on what happens before. Never did I think that election results in another state would cause me so much anxiety as I have never really cared about politics. How much fuzz, unrest and potentially even violence will these days prior hold?

 

I can not change either of these things and it would be wiser for me to not waste time and energy on these. To get up at 5:30am, make a pot of coffee, let the dog out with the cat, feed the pets and join my 6AMRS - a group of others that wake up early to plot and plan for the day ahead. Have breakfast with my kids and get ready for another workday. Live my life as I did before and will do after.

 

It does feel great to be back at work! I needed some time off, but I feel recharged, and I’m ready. Our first closing this year is approaching and more is to follow. This will be a great year. One way or another. I am wishing you a happy new year! But don’t claim this year quite yet. I urge you to enter it cautiously, with care. Watch your step, and please, do not touch anything.

 

Muusa

Comments