There's a First Time for Everything

 


I know I’m not alone when I say that I simply LOVE working with first time homebuyers, I know several brokers, lenders and inspectors that agree with my statement as there is something very special about finding your first home. A first-time homebuyer isn’t necessarily buying their very first home, but rather buying their first home in the US, so, many times the idea of a first-time homebuyers being young people with a limited budget isn’t quite accurate. First timers come in all shapes and forms with budgets ranging from a couple of hundred thousand to a few million dollars, nevertheless, the questions and concerns remain the same.

 

I vividly remember purchasing my first home in the States. I also remember signing pages after pages of documents that had not been explained to me, and not being quite sure what I signed and committed to. I trusted the process to our realtor, and partially on Mikko as I was pregnant with the boys. The feeling though, the feeling of signing legal documents somewhat blindly was not a fun one. I remember walking out of my realtors meeting room, hoping that I hadn’t done something immensely stupid. Everything turned out great but that feeling is the reason why we at Team Muusa spend time with our first timers going over every document and making sure our clients feel confident in what they do.

 

Recently I told someone that I was working on a PP presentation for a client, and they were a bit baffled as I explained that this is part of our process with every single client, not just a onetime thing.

 

We put time and effort in making sure we remember that as a first-time homebuyer you likely don’t know what escrow does, why you will need title insurance or what  DOM, HOA, CC&R, CMA, PMI, CDA, or an appraisal are. We also understand that everyone is different. Someone learns by reading and then asking questions as many other will never open pages and pages of documents explaining the process but rather do it over zoom. Nevertheless, there is a level of fear in every client’s eyes when we tell them that a pretty standard contract is somewhere between 26 to 45 pages.

 

We take pride in what we do, and it is vital to us that every member of Team Muusa and every vendor we work with has the same approach, the approach of a consultant rather than a sales guy.




Comments