How does Mikko keep our cars so clean? - By Mikko Liinpaa

Customer Experience in the world of real estate and more specifically for Team Muusa, is a product of an interaction between the client and our team from the moment you hear about us or follow us in the social media to a potential real estate client relationship and beyond closing the transaction. This is how we see our business and how we want to drive it, think holistically and provide the best possible customer experience.

 

It’s not only about “what”, it’s about “how”.

 

Last weekend was busy busy. Think big houses, small houses, new houses, old houses, city homes and Eastside estates – sounds a bit Dr Seuss. We were touring homes with several awesome clients and the truck is gaining more miles now than ever since we bought it 18 months ago. We also made some exciting changes, to enable, and empower Team Muusa to support all our clients even better. As a result, our team now has two full time members. We are truly excited to be in this together.

 

The busyness and gaining miles is a nice segue to an interesting topic. Well, for some people it is interesting, for some people it’s not. I cannot recall how many times friends, coworkers and clients have asked me how do I have the time and energy to keep my car or truck so clean all the time. It is time to share my secrets. This might now work for everybody, depending on the level of your enthusiasm and if you have a proper place to wash and clean your ride. However, feel free to take what you want and skip the rest.

 

So, you’re driving your new, or pre-owned, clean and shiny car home and think how do I keep it looking so nice? What’s next? It will require some work but the key is the right first steps and consistency: Wax or ceramic coating. This ensures the dirt won’t stick and water beads away. But, before any wax or any coating can be applied, the paint needs to be super clean. Believe or not, even most new cars are not clean when the dealership delivers them, but the paint is covered with contaminants. Clay bar is the way to go here.

 

Then we get to the consistency part and this is where your level of enthusiasm becomes a factor. Weekly wash is better than bi-weekly and every 6 months is better than every 12 months. If you want to keep commitment up to 15-20 mins per wash, I recommend doing it weekly.

 

Here are the three washing main methods I use. I have to say though, that  ceramic coating, which I applied myself - and you could too - makes the job way easier.




 

No 1.

Power washing method. This is my new favorite ever since my journey with ceramic coating started. I use a foam cannon to apply generous foam, let it sit for a minute or two and then use the power washer. I use a squeegee for dry the windows and mega size microfiber towel to dry the rest. I also use a drying aide to make the drying quicker.


No 2.

Two bucket method and micro fiber wash mitt. I rinse the car and apply some foam using a foam gun, that attaches to a garden hose. I rinse lightly and use two the two bucket method (one for the car shampoo and the other to rinse the dirty mitt). Dry as above.


No 3.

Waterless wash method. The California drought has been a big driver to develop ways to wash the car without water. Spray the waterless wash generously one body panel at a time and gently wipe the dirt off with a microfiber towel. Then I wipe and polish with a clean towel. I don’t use this method if the car is super dirty I have been driving on a dirt road.

Comments