Kudos to Schools!

 


It is Wednesday and blog posting day, the only issue is that my brain is fried with school schedules and Teams meetings with teachers, that I really have nothing much to say. My three have finished their second day of remote learning and after they were done with classes I kicked them outside and based on all the happy screams that I’m hearing, I was not the only parent to do so.

 

I did not plan to get much work done this week, but as my family has been lucky enough to have minimal technical issues, I have indeed managed to get a lot done. Aside from their lunch breaks, it has felt like they really are in school, a huge change from spring, from the time when everything ended so very abruptly, and – borrowing my child’s case managers statement – the district was building the plane as they were flying it. I have to say, the school district, our schools and my kids’ teachers have truly done a phenomenal job.

 

Rather than my children’s education slowing me down it has been my broken right ankle that is still, five weeks after the injury, very much in the boot. No, I didn’t hit my head and my brain works quite well, but the fact that I am unable to drive is driving me crazy. Every single showing appointment needs to be coordinated with my Team instead of me just hopping in the truck and driving somewhere to show a home or two or three. It has worked pretty well; however I’m starting to feel increasingly restricted by my cast. The WA State COVID-19, Phase II restrictions state that a realtor can enter a home with a maximum of two people, guess who the realtor in my Team showing all the houses is at the moment? That would be Mikko, not me, as it doesn’t make much sense for both of us to go, and one of us to wait outside especially for potentially longer appointments further out. I miss my human interaction and when I get to Zoom with clients, I am borderline ecstatic. I am extremely thankful for my team though, as I have no idea how I would be able to handle this stupid ankle without someone to be able to support me and share my business, our business.

 

So when the neighbors dog wakes me up at 5 AM, and I have the house to myself, I have been concentrating on playing around with all my new fancy tools and updating some of the documents and handouts – read .PDF files – to match our new company image and the current business environment. The business environment that has changed since beginning of March as, like with everything else, when COVID-19 hit us, and just like we all adjusted for work from home, us real estate people have adjusted to a world without many things that have been a given since someone invented the wheel. Time will tell what will happen once we enter the new world, post COVID-19, whether it is in 2021 or 2025.

 

So, here’s to hoping that you have all had a good school experience so far and that I’ll have something more to talk about next week.




Comments