Thank You!




Hey there, hope you’re safe and well. If you happen to be a first responder, or work in healthcare I want to say a very special thank you to you! I also want to thank every single grocery store and pharmacy worker, you are out there to make sure we have everything we need and while doing so, risking your own health. I see you; I respect you, and I thank you! And a special thank you to every Amazon driver out there! You are keeping us sane by delivering crafts and crayons. Not crayons, we have enough to last an eternity, but it sounded good in my head.  

If you are, like me, sitting at home trying to pretend to be a teacher, you likely have a new appreciation toward you child’s education and every single teacher, school counselor, instructional aid and administrator. Thank you for what you do! I’m struggling over here. I miss you and I’m thankful for you sending all those assignments my way so that I can keep them busy. I love the social media posts from you, the book readings and special hellos! They truly make my children’s day a bit brighter.



I watch people come together to sew surgical masks for healthcare workers. I read the supportive comments on thread after thread as we come together and help one another. I laugh at the funny memes that make my day and I find some weird, dark joy in the fact that you no longer can return toilet paper to Costco. 

My kids are having a day off today. It sounds way better this way when the reality is that I’m tired off kicking their butts and I am taking a day off from pretending to be a teacher. We’ll learn some more next week. In an hour or so, I’ll hit the trails with Martha. I’ll sing “it’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood” to let the bears know that I’m coming and keep my eye out for squirrels and owls. Later I’ll work on the puzzle we have going on and maybe we’ll watch a movie together, something fun, not educational. I’ll save the next educational movie for next week. I think It’ll be “On the Basis of Sex”, this week it was “Milk”.

How are you doing? Is there anything I can do for you?




Comments