I Bought Lysol Wipes



Right now, life seems to be evolving around the virus. It’s all over the news, the social media, emails, newsletters and conversations. Just today alone, I have discussed the situation with my Starbucks barista, a nice lady at Starbucks, my QFC cashier and everyone in the line. I spoke about it with my son’s teacher and the school office staff. I had a conversation with a stranger on my walk and a friend a bit later. I have received at least five emails containing information, directions and answers without subscribing to any of this information. Like my kids say; It's Corona time. 

Have I been buying toilet paper in bulk? No. Neither have I bought bottled water as I believe our tap water will remain drinkable. However, I did buy the last four pack of disinfecting wipes at the store this morning alongside with Lysol spray. I did also replace hand towels with disposable single use paper towels. My fridge is stocked for a week and I have food in the freezer. As my children’s school district has not closed their doors yet, my trio still go to school, but I will admit that if I would have an elderly family member living with us, or if there would be someone with serious health concerns I would have kept them home. We are lucky, we don’t.



So, what am I telling my clients? I’m telling them that as of now we haven’t seen any change to anything due to COVID-19. Last weekend we saw a crazy market with homes getting anywhere from two to nineteen offers, selling without contingencies and above list price.

Do I understand someone having a potential concern in regard to letting strangers through their home right now? Absolutely. My plan is to do what I can, wipe all surfaces and touchpoints after the swarm of open house visitors are gone, and ask anyone showing properties to do the same for my clients.

What’s in this for buyers then? At this point we do not see any relief. I still tour homes for my clients, and with them. Pretty much business as usual. If I had hand sanitizer, I would offer to share my bottle with them.



I wish I could tell you what the impact is long term, but I can’t. No one can at this point. Ask me again in a few weeks. We learn more about this daily, not just the virus but how it affects everything. My best guestimate is that people will still have to buy homes and sell homes. The interest rates are low and so is our inventory. I'm planning to work this weekend and hopefully stop by a brewery for a pint. 





Comments